Did you catch the previous episode in the series, Deconstructing Faith: Series Introduction?
Why ask this question – is it even relevant?
Those who are in the process of faith deconstruction today often point to church experiences that overemphasized the importance of right belief, but didn’t place much value on real-world application. They prioritized what we believe over the way we live.
But this experience has led some people to an overreaction that would say that Christianity is all about right living.
So how should we understand these two positions? Is living like Jesus more important than believing the right things?
In this podcast episode, Scott and Shawn talk about
- What is the relationship between right living and right belief?
- How does understanding this relationship between the two help someone going through faith deconstruction?
- What’s the bottom line when it comes to who Jesus is and what’s the relevance in the real world?
To help you explore the truth about who Jesus really is, here are some suggested articles:
- Jesus’ Resurrection Gives Us Hope!
- What’s the Meaning Behind Jesus’ Birth at Christmas?
- What Does “Keep Christ in Christmas” Even Mean?
- Faith and Reason – FAQ Guide