Did you catch the first episode in the series, Deconstructing Faith: Series Introduction?
A major objection to Christianity, especially among young people and young Christians, is the notion that Christianity is the only way.
On the one hand, in many circles Christians have become narrow minded. Many churches have “shrunk” the gospel and have nothing relevant to say to real-life issues like poverty, mental illness, or the environment.
But on the other hand, some deceptive hypocrisies have penetrated our social consciousness creating a value for “open-mindedness” that isn’t really open-minded at all.
So how should those who are struggling with their faith navigate through their faith de-construction / re-construction experience in light of these challenges?
In this episode, Scott and Shawn discuss
- The importance of not conflating the environment of your faith with the substance of your faith
- The growing movement among “progressive Christians” attempting to re-make the substance of Christian faith into a “spiritual journey”
- The means toward recovering your faith (the faith) driven by the understanding of what the Bible presents itself to be and God’s revelation about himself
Book: Basic Christianity by John Stott | A primer to the Christian faith
You might also like
Other episodes in the Deconstructing Faith Series:
- Is Being Loving More Important Than Being Right?
- Is It Judgmental to Point Out Sin?
- Is Talking About Sin Harmful?
- Isn’t Living Like Jesus More Important Than Worshipping Jesus?
Posts on Deconversion: